Friday, July 18, 2014

I need to be nicer to myself

I was so frustrated with my run time in my race last weekend. Mostly, I was bummed about going over 60 minutes. But really, if I take out my pitstop, I was likely pretty close to being under. And yesterday when I went out to do a 10 k trail run, it took me a hair over 58 mins. Longer than it should have, but I was still pretty tired from my race. Anyway, my point is that I only started running that route in under 60 mins about 2 years ago, so I need to let up on myself. I had just biked 40 k for goodness sake. So while I would still like to have an official run time of under 60 m in an olympic race, I'm feeling better about my race now than I was before. I was only about 18 secs/km slower than I was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to show up.