Saturday, October 4, 2014

Toes toes and more toes

So I have stayed away from running all week, again. My big toe was getting better and I was hopeful that I would get in a run in the last half of the week. Then I got some sort of weird infection in it. It's red and swollen and very very sore and tender. I noticed it Wednesday evening, and called the doctor the next morning to make an appointment. I saw the doc on Friday.

It was quite funny. When I took off my sock to show him the toe he was very distracted by my other two 'problem' toes. One has a black mark (old blood blister) on the outside, the other a red toenail that is going to fall off sooner rather than later.  Neither hurt me at all at this point, and they're pretty typical runners' toes. He was like, "Woah, what's going on with those toes?" and seemed a little disturbed when I responded that they were fine, just part of half marathon training.  He clearly doesn't run.

Got a scrip for some antibiotics and within 1 day it's feeling much better. I should be able to get in a couple of short runs this week, which I desperately need. I've been enjoying bike commuting (even went into MEC and bought myself a second panier and some rain pants, couldn't bring myself to get waterproof gloves yet, although I know I'll need them), but it's not the same kind of exercise.

2 comments:

  1. What a relief that your toe is feeling better! You're going to have a great race. I don't know if it's just because I know what wrong with my arm, or my new medication is kicking it, but my arm is starting to feel better too! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're starting to feel better too.

      Delete

Comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to show up.